In ancient Egypt, it was believed that when a pharaoh died, he became the God Osiris, king of the dead. Ancient Egyptians also believed that the spirit of the pharaoh, of his “Ka”, remained in his body and continued to live there. Due to this belief, the corpse of the dead Pharaoh was thought to need special preparation and preservation. Otherwise the dead pharaoh would be unable to perform his duties as the God Osiris.
However, there are many fascinating facts about the pyramids themselves that have been found very intriguing.
- The pyramids of Egypt are the oldest stone structures in the world.
- The great pyramid is the only remaining structure in existence that was a part of the “Seven Wonders Of The World”.
- Pyramids were designed to look like a sacred pointed stone called a “”benben”. In their religion, the benben symbolized the rays of the sun. According to ancient text, the pharaohs were thought to have reached the heavens on these sunbeams.
- It is a constant 68 degrees Fahrenheit inside the pyramid even though temperatures outside can reach as high as 130 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The great pyramid is a calendar that can calculate each year to within 3 decimal points.
- The great pyramid is a sundial used to tell time by its shadow falling on marks made in the stone pavement that surrounds it.
- The pyramids contained everything that would be needed by their occupants in the afterlife…including a TOILET!
- The great pyramid often served as the beginning point for the construction of many ancient maps, serving in the same way as the Greenwich Meridian does today.
- There are very unusual energy fields inside the pyramids. Visitors have been known to faint or go into shock when they are in the center of their interiors.
- Numerically speaking, the great pyramid is equivelant to being an ancient stone computer. It’s dimensions and angles could be used to calculate many things…including the circumfrence of a circle.
- The great pyramid is a mathematical horoscope. According to the Institute of Pyramidology in London, the great pyramid successfully predicted the crucifixition of Jesus, as well as World War I. Incidently, the great pyramid has also predicted that the world, as we know it, will come to an end the year 2979 AD.
- The great pyramid was originally encased in mantal stones, making its surface very smooth and polished. It is said that the sun reflecting off this surface could be seen hundreds of miles away and even from other countries.
- Even though the builders of the great pyramid did not have accurate measuring devices, great pyramid is within 1 centimeter of being perfectly level.
- It has been discovered that ancients Egyptians could use the dimensions of the great pyramid to calculate the distance the Earth travels around the sun and even the speed of light.
Here are some other articles about fascinating places: