A word of caution for some: before using any of these remedies, make sure that you have no allergy for them.
- Take small garlic and cut into pieces. Mix it with 10 g of honey. Wait for an hour. Use this daily twice after meals.
- Take some honey in a container and smell it when you find it difficult to breathe. It helps you to breathe properly.
- Mix 5ml of honey to 5ml of gooseberry extract and take daily in the morning.
- Mix 5ml of lemon juice in a cup of water and take at meals time. But make sure that you have no allergy for lemon.
- The roots of bitter gourd work wonderfully. Make the paste of roots and to a teaspoon of paste add a teaspoon honey. Take this daily at night time regularly for a month. You can see the difference yourself.
- Take a handful of drumstick leaves and boil them in 200 ml water for 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. This works like a tonic.
- Take a teaspoon of ginger juice and mix to a teaspoon of decoction (a table spoon of fenugreek seed can be boiled in a cup of water) of fenugreek seeds. Add 2 teaspoons of honey and take daily.
- Take a teaspoon of turmeric powder with a glass of milk, two or three times daily. It acts best early in the morning when taken on an empty stomach.
- Use ginger and garlic in an herbal tea to control asthma. Boil a small piece of garlic in a cup of milk and take daily to control asthma in its preliminary stages.
- During the attack, massage mustard oil mixed with little camphor over the chest. This will loosen up phlegm and help in breathing.
- Vitamin B6 also prevents asthma. Daily intake of 50 mg of B6 helps prevent it. But take this under the advice of your doctor.
- Soak some dry figs in water at night and drink the water with figs in the morning in an empty stomach to clear mucus from bronchial tubes. You can observe the difference within two months.
- Mix mashed garlic and horseradish (100 g of each), 150 g of butter and 600 g of honey. Heat this mixture till honey dissolves. Keep it in an air tight container. Take 1 tbsp 1 hour before meal for 2 months.
- Boil 5 g of dry crushed quince leaves in a cup of water and steep for 1 hour. Strain and take 2 tbsp 3-4 times a day before meal. The remedy can reduce asthma attack.
- Boil 2 tbsp of mashed turnip put in a cup of water for 15 min. Filter and drink ¼ cup 4 times a day or 1 cup before bed.
Addendum: Reishi is a mushroom that has the ability to reduce allergies and stops chemicals that cause inflammation including histamine. It is also can be used as an immune tonic.
Asthma patients should take some precautions in food.
- They should use fresh vegetables and fruits, sprouts and cereals.
- Should take foods that are low in fats and carbohydrates.
- Should avoid deep fries, processed foods, pickles, strong tea, coffee and alcohol.
- Light exercise and breathing exercises are very helpful.
- Fasting once a week is good for their health.