If you had a travel experience to any European countries, you know it is not easy and convenient to make a phone call from any European countries to U.S. back home. First, cell phone may not be working properly, and if it does, it costs a lot. Secondly, you may have to use phone in the hotel or public booth. At any rate, the best way is to buy Phone or Calling Card which will be a lot cheaper than cell phone or collect call. You can purchase Calling Card from many different phone companies or carriers. Sometimes, it only cost 2 or 3 cents per minute when you use Calling Card. You will find yourself quite embarrassing when you try to make a call back to U.S., but you don’t know how to, or people around you have no idea at all.
- You need to purchase Calling card or prepaid phone card. It is very easy to buy such card. AT&T and CLONECARD are good example phone companies. You may want to visit website below in the resource section and open an account with ease.
- If you are using AT&T card, you will find the easy way in the following.
- First, AT&T will give you the DAN (Direct Access Number) for the country you are in.
- If you are in UK, you need to dial 0-800-89-0011.
- If you are in Germany, you need to dial 0-800-225-5288.
- If you are in France, you need to dial 0-800-99-0011.
- Secondly, you need to call your toll free 800 number either for company or your own.
- Thirdly, you need to enter authorization (10 digit card number + 4 digit PIN number).
- Now, you can make call to any place. To US, just enter area code + local 7 digit number. To other countries, enter 011 + country code + city code + local number.