In the book “Boiling Point” by Gorge Barna and Mark Hatch, many individuals who call themselves Christians were having difficulty answering the following questions: Did Jesus ever sinned? Was Jesus truly resurrected? Do all religions teach the same basic ideas about God and spirituality?
These authors made a survey among professing believers; the survey focused on answering the three (3) questions mentioned earlier. The results are quite alarming. One-fourth said Jesus committed sins, one-third said He did not rise from the dead, and another one-third said all religions are basically the same.
The above results are a bit scary for it reflect a serious lack of biblical understanding since the answers to these questions are clearly available in the Scriptures as listed below:
- Jesus didn’t sin: 2 Cor. 5:21; Heb. 4:15; 1 Pet. 1:19; 2:22
- Jesus was resurrected: John 20-21; 1 Cor. 15: 1-20
- Jesus is the only way to God: John 14:6; Acts 4:12
According to Dave Branon, a respected Christian writer, in order for us to be “established in the faith”, we must:
- dedicate ourselves to read and study the Bible
- seek the help of godly teachers and dependable resources
- ask God to lead us to the truth and to keep us away from error.
Truth is not determined by how many people who believe in it, but it solely depends on how they live by the truth.
From the words of Dave Branon, “As God’s people, we must love the truth, look for the truth, and live by the truth”.