Website development is not a tough job. You can either do it by your own or can hire a professional designer. It’s a onetime work and you can manage it easily. But the important thing to succeed in web based business is to make your website on the top ranks on the major search engines – Google, Yahoo and MSN.
How you will do this? First of all, your fundamentals of search engine optimization should be clear. Your website should be fully optimized. There are some key factors that play a crucial role in making your web pages fully optimized and search engine friendly. From my five year experience in the field of internet business, I am summarizing the important factors that you should keep in mind when designing your website.
1. The content of the website comes first when talking about SEO. Make your content informative, simple with 4-6% keyword density of your major keyword. Do not stuff your content with plenty of keywords. This makes readers as well as search engines to consider your website as spam.
2. Title of the webpage should tell about the webpage content in a short brief. For example if you are talking about arthritis pain relief through natural remedies, then your title should be like – ‘Natural Remedies for Arthritis Pain Relief’ and not ‘Arthritis’ or ‘Arthritis Pain Relief’. Make it little descriptive with 6-8 words.
3. Meta tags like keyword and description should also be clear and talks about your webpage content. Description helps search engines as well as users to guess a little about your webpage content. It tells about the content of your webpage and a well written description can put your website apart from your competitors.
4. Inter-cross linking of the pages helps search engines to crawl easily. It also helps users to refer to the related pages. This increases the time your visitors spend on your website. And as a result it increases your website reputation in search engines.
5. Sitemap is also important to allow search engine robots to crawl your website easily. It is recommended to submit your XML sitemap to the Google webmaster tool. If you have no idea about XML or how to make the sitemap, you can use online sitemap generators to create your website sitemap with ease.
6. Back links is another important concern when talking about SEO. Your website needs a lot of quality back links in order to rank well in major search engines. Make a habit of writing and submitting at least 2 articles a day in all major article directories daily.
7. Directory submission, forum posting, free blogging are the highly recommended way you can make quality back links. The more back links your website have, the more chances your website will be on top ranks in search engines.
These are some of the important factors that play a key role in optimizing your website for Google, Yahoo and MSN. Follow the above simple SEO rules and you will start seeing the difference in your internet business.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Read information on How to Become a Webmaster to run your own internet business successfully. Know How to Start an eBay Affiliate Store and start earning money online. Also know the List of Top Health Affiliate Programs to start home based internet business in health care.