There are many different techniques Reiki practioners might use to purify body and spirit and during the healing ceremony.
A Reiki treatment will help bring harmony to the mind, body and spirit. There is a variety of practices within the treatment, some are discussed below.
Kenyoko (Brushing off or the Removal of blocked energy) in Reiki
To clear or purify the body and spirit, place your right hand near the top of the left shoulder. Draw the hand across the chest in a straight diagnol line, over the V of the sternum down to the right hip.
Repeat this procedure on the right side, using the left hand. Repeat the procedure again on the left side. Now draw the right hand down the outside of the left arm down to the finger tips while keeping the left arm straight at your side. Repeat this process on the right side using the left hand. Repeat the process on the left side again.
Clearing the aura in Reiki
After giving Reiki treatment it helps your client to feel grounded if you clear the aura. There are a number of ways of doing this. One method is to place your hands on the sides of your client’s hips (about 2-3 inches away from body) and pull firmly all the way down to their feet. Shake off the excess energy from your hands. Do this three times.
Uchi-te Chiryo-ho (Tapping) in Reiki
Tapping is as the name suggests, a light rhythmic tapping with the fingertips to areas that might need extra healing. This can relieve blockages and congestion and improve the circulation.
Reiki Mawashi: The Japanese Reiki Circle
Sometimes Reiki practitioners enjoy getting together to share energies. To form a healing circle, you should gather together in a circle and sit holding hands. Concentrate on your breathing. Take deep relaxing breaths.
- Imagine the energy above is a cloud of rainbow colours. The cloud of rainbows touches the top of every person’s head and enters through the crown, filling each person with rainbows.
- The energy overflows through your right hand and into the left hand of the person next to you.
- The energy flows from the hand of the person next to you into your left hand … up your arm … into your heart, filling your heart completely. It flows through your right hand into the person on your right.
- Become aware of the light flowing around the circle. Round and round, filling the circle, filling the room, overflowing into the world around you.
- Now each person can leave all their worries and troubles, anything they are concerned about in the centre of the circle.
Slowly they should return to normal awareness.