Eveyone at some time feels the need to reconnect with an old friend. The internet age has made it easier than ever to get in touch with classmates from years past. Using a few simple methods, you will be able to find old classmates with ease.
- Contact your high school to find out if they have an alumni directory or webpage. If they have an alumni website, you should create a profile on the website to make yourself available to other classmates and teachers.
- Check your newspaper for high school reunion information. Most high school reunions are listed in the newspaper several weeks prior to the event. If you do not live in your hometown, you can probably find their newspaper online. Try to make it to every reunion so that you can connect with old classmates.
- Visit a website that specialize in reuniting classmates. Complete a profile before searching. Some of these websites have a fee, so be sure to read the fine print.
- Check the local telephone book. You may even consider checking for a listing of a parent or sibling of your classmate.
- Search the web. Enter your friend’s name into a seach engine such as Google. Add other relevant information, such as the city where the person may be living to greatly improve your search. You might find that the person you are looking for has a website or social network account, such as MySpace or Facebook.
If you find someone who has the same as one of your classmates online, contact them and make sure that they are the person you are looking for. Tell them which high school you went to and ask if they went to that school as well before you initate a personal conversation.