Below are 40 of those useless but interesting facts for you to do absolutely nothing with:
1. Crocodiles can’t stick out their tongue.
2. One of the ingredients in dynamite is peanuts.
3. A baby is born with 300 bones while an adult has only 206.
4. Without it’s head, a cockroach can live about 9 days or until it starves to death.
5. An elastic band will last longer if it is refrigerated.
6. Elephants are the only animal in the world who can’t jump.
7. The full name for Los Angeles is, “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de
8. The chicken is the closest relative to the T Rex.
9. One ounce of chocolate contains 6 mg of caffeine.
10. Americans eat about 4 pounds of preservatives, artificial flavor, and color each year.
11. A castrated rooster is called a Capon.
12. A Polecat is a European weasel.
13. Camel’s milk will never curdle.
14. If you put a notch in a tree trunk, it will stay the same distance from the ground as the tree grows taller
15. The first local anesthetic ever used was Cocaine.
16. The term Soldier’s Disease is another name for morphine addiction. The name came from the Civil
War when more than 400,000 soldiers were treated for pain from injuries sustained during battle.
17. The first condom was invented in the 1500’s and was made of linen.
18. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
19. Most North American car horns honk in the key of “F.”
20. In the late 1800’s, cough medicine contained Heroine.
21. 85% of the world’s foliage grows in the ocean.
22. There is such a thing as Horseradish ice cream. It is sold in Tokyo Japan.
23. Another word for junk food is “Lubberwort.”
24. An Albatross can sleep while it is flying.
25. Most people are an inch taller at night.
26. A chicken egg was once laid containing 9 yolks.
27. Ants never sleep.
28. Humans shed about 600,000 particles or 150 pounds of skin in a lifetime.
29. Your stomach must produce a new layer of mucus every 14 days so it doesn’t digest itself.
30. Even though most people believe a duck’s quack will not produce an echo, facts tell us that a duck’s
quack does indeed produce an echo. Most ducks have a quiet quack so an echo is not usually
31. Because celery contains negative calories, it actually takes more calories to eat one stalk than the
32. When exiting a cave, bats always turn left.
33. The dot over the letter “i” is called a tittle.
34. All electronic speakers are actually microphones.
35. Coca Cola is actually green before coloring is added to it.
36. It is impossible to kill yourself by holding your breath.
37. A slug has 4 noses.
38. A Giraffe can clean it’s ears with it’s tongue.
39. Right handed people live an average of 9 years longer than lefties.
40. And last on the list, wasps taste like pine nuts, beetles taste like apples and best of all… if you run out of bacon for Sunday breakfast you can eat worms from the garden because they taste like bacon.
There you have it. Forty fascinating yet useless facts. You will never need them, never use them and chances are you will forget you ever knew them in the first place.