How to Make Use Of Your Time
This how to make use of your time is about a gap year. I took a gap year between Second level school and going to University and it was the best experience of my life. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
1. Decide your reasoning for taking a year off. If you have a basis for your year off it also helps you to sort out a few goals. My reasoning was simple, I didn’t want to go straight to University but wanted something different.
2. Create some goals. Make them achievable with what budget you have. Some examples could be to get a job, get some experience in the field you wish to work in, gain some small qualifications.
3. Travel. Most people take a year off to travel. This can prove to be very expensive so perhaps get a job for half your year and save enough money to afford going away. This way you don’t run into debt before university
4. Don’t just waste the time by lounging in front of the TV or computer. By all means take time to relax but don’t waste the year sitting down. Get up and do things.
5. If you are planning to go to university the year after, keep up some form of study. If you don’t you will lose the ability and find it really hard to get back into it. Take up a night course in something you have always wanted to learn. Take out books from a library. Just don’t lose your academic abilities. You would be surprised at how quickly you forget how to study.
Finally, just have fun. No matter what you do, make sure you enjoy it. If you don’t then change, do something else. It is your time to do what you want. I made use of my time in my gap year and enjoyed every minute of it.