In my younger years I loved to cook and was always trying new recipes for my family. This is a recipe that for years my children have loved. It is so easy to make and so yummy to eat. I think everyone loves tacos and this recipe kind of taskes like a real expensive taco. My children beg me even today to make this for them. I thought of sharing it with you now to see what you think of it, please let me know your thoughts.
- 1 Pie crust
- 2 small zucchini squash sliced
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 Package of small white mushrooms
- 1 Package of Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Package of taco seasoning
- 1 Pound of ground beef 93 % lean
In a fry pan cook the ground beef until there is no pink in the meat, drain the fat off the meat then add the packet of taco seasoning into the
- meat, stir well. ( I like spicy foods so I add about 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to the mix for heat) add a 1/2 cup of water to the mixture and cook for a few minutes with the meat,set aside.
- Slice all of the above vegetables, but keep them separate
- In a large pie plate add the crust to the bottom of the dish.
- Add the ground beef mixture, then arrange the zucchini squash in a single layer over the meat.
- The the mushroom slices go on top of the squash.
- Add 1/2 of the cheese on top of the mushrooms.
- Then the tomatoes go single layered on top of the cheese.
- Finally add the rest of the cheese on top of the tomatoes.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for 45 minutes, pop out of oven let set for a few minutes then cut into slices like a pie. Thats it ! Serve and enjoy!