How to Empty Your Mind
1. Sit somewhere quiet. Total silence is not necessary – but music, television noise, or people talking will be distracting.
2. Sit comfortably. Sitting in a chair is fine. Sit reasonably upright, but do not strain to achieve any particular posture.
3. Wear loose, comfortable clothes. Loosen your belt if it is tight.
4. Close your eyes almost all the way, so that a little light enters but you cannot see anything clearly.
5. When thoughts come – let them come. When thoughts go – let them go. If you find yourself involved in a stream of thoughts, let go of your involvement with them. Keep letting go of involvement. Remain uninvolved. Just let go. Whatever happens – let it be as it is.
6. If you feel good – do not hold on to those positive thoughts. If you feel bad – do not reject those negative thoughts. Especially important: if you feel nothing in particular – do not drift into numbness and lack of presence.
7. Remain alert. You probably will feel refreshed and empty minded.
* Do this in a dark, quiet room.
* You should keep your eyes closed.
* You can do this in your bed or a couch, but if you think you will fall asleep, don’t lay down.
* You may feel strange when you first start. But don’t be alarmed- this is all part of the process.
* Closing the eyes for a long time may make you feel sleepy.Focus on brain and make sure you empty your mind without thinking any life’s petty ordeals.
Things You’ll Need
* A couch or bed
* A thought you’d like to get rid of (Optional)
* A dark place (optional)
* No distractions