With the increasing demand for ink-jet printers for printing digital pictures the price of ink-jet printers are very reasonable. What is not reasonable is the replacement cartridges cost. With black and color ink cartridges costing any where from $25 to $35 each, the cost adds up quickly. Kodak has eliminated the cost of expensive ink cartridge replacements with low cost ink cartridge replacements. Below I have listed the features and the savings which will add up quickly and pay for the printer itself.
- Kodak’s ESP-5 is an all in one printer, copier, and scanner selling for $169.99 (retail) and includes a 3” LCD display so that photo’s can be printed without a computer. You can purchase the ESP-3 for $129.99 (retail) but this model has no 3” LCD display.
- Kodak’s black ink cartridges cost only $9.99 as compared to ink-jet cartridge costing anywhere from $25 to $30.
- Kodak’s color ink cartridge cost $14.99 as compared to ink-jet color cartridge costing anywhere from $30 to $35.
- For black text documents the Kodak ESP-5 will print on average 221 pages at 2.3 cents per page as compared to a standard ink-jet printer that would print 77 pages at 6.5 cents per page.
- For color graphics and text documents the Kodak ESP-5 will print on average 73 pages at 6.9 cents per page as compared to a standard ink-jet printer that would print 38 pages at 13.3 cents per page.
- Kodak 4 x 6 color photos you will print on average 52 photos at 10 cents per photo compared to a standard ink-jet printer printing 18 photos at 28 cents per photo.
- By doing some math, if you paid $50 for a black and color ink cartridge set and went through 3 replacements you would have spend $150. If you purchase three sets of a Kodak black and color cartridge at $25 a set, 3 sets would cost you $75 but would last longer because you get more use out of them. The cost savings are more than 50%!
Tips: The prices quoted for standard ink cartridges are for the manufacture’s replacement cartridges. There are cheaper brands out there that will work however your printer’s performance is not guaranteed with these ink cartridges and your manufacture’s warranty will not be honored.