I got so tired of my friends telling me that I lived in the dark ages, that for 2009 I made a resolution to get with it.
Here are the changes that I’ve made so far.
1. Got rid of my floor model AM Motorola radio and bought a new AM-FM. Whatever that means.
2. Threw out my 10 inch (with magnifying glass mounted on the front) black and white TV and got a brand new 16 inch color
TV. Even the rabbit ears have a dial for fine tuning.
3. Junked my crank driven Victrola for a state-of-the-art 8 track stereo. STEREO. I guess that means you can listen with
4. Had to discard my Smith-Corona typewriter and replaced it with a word processor.
5. Donated my zoot suits to charity. Went out and purchased a few pairs of nifty tie-dyed bell bottom jeans.
6. I even went out and got a Beta video recorder for my new TV.
7. Alas, the old ice box was the next to go. Sorry ice-man but my new electric refrigerator doesn’t need you anymore.
8. The Franklyn stove was the next to go. Replaced by a state-of-the-art gas range. It even has an oven!
9. I even bought a brand new Commodore 64 computer. Had to buy a floppy drive as an extra add-on.
After looking around my house and seeing all the improvements I was thrilled. So thrilled, in fact, that I immediately
jumped into my Model A Ford, drove to the nearest Rexall drug store for film for my Kodak Brownie camera and took
pictures of all my changes.