You don’t need to spend your life at the gym or on a rabbit food diet to lose weight. As a matter of fact it’s usually alot more hard work if that’s the route you choose. Losing weight can be incorporated into your everyday life by adjusting your lifestyle.
1. Swap your car for a bike. Riding a bicycle to work or to the local shop is a great way to lose weight, and it’s better for the environment. You can lose weight very fast even if you ride at a slow pace – the great thing about bikes is that you can choose your speed and know that it will still help you. If you don’t have a bicycle and can’t afford one then you could walk. Walking is the most natural form of exercise and it might shock you to know that alot of people keep young, fit, and healthy from walking to places instead of driving.
2. You don’t need to go on a massive diet, just try making your own meals. Making your own meals means that you get to choose and see the ingredients which you are eating. Ready made meals available from supermarkets contain alot of fatty ingredients and additives to preserve the taste when they have been frozen and re-heated. When you make your own meals you elimate these and create healthier meals which in turn help you to lose weight. Avoid fast food restaurants as the food there is brimming with fat and grease and will completely neutralise any attempts to lose weight that you had made in the last week.
3. Consider what snacks you have. You can’t expect to lose weight if youre stuffing chocolate and crisps down your neck every few hours can you? It’s usually best to swap to something like crackers and a low fat cream cheese, or a handful of nuts when you feel like snacking. However, you can of course indulge once in a while. Why don’t you set yourself a maximum number of unhealthy snacks to have in a week to stop yourself from being tempted to binge.
4. If you have a regular partner then it could be a good idea to increase your sexual activity. Everytime you have intercourse you burn approximately 400 calories; most people don’t reach that when they’re at the gym all day. Not only it is a good way to lose weight but it will also make you feel alot happier as sex helps to relieve tension. And then theres the fact it could do wonders for your relationship.
5. Finally, think positive. There is no point in trying to lose weight or diet if you constantly look at yourself in a negative light. Remember Christina Aguilera’s song? “You are beautiful, no matter what they say”. What you feel about yourself will shine through and show in your everyday life.