The Cook’s Assistant quest is one of the easier quests on Runescape; in fact, it is usually the first quest that new players complete, as it takes place in and around Lumbridge, the starting city of Runescape. It is open to both members and non-members. It requires no special skills or the completion of other quests. Furthermore, the only supplies that are necessary are one bucket of milk, one pot of flour, and an egg, which can all easily be obtained around Lumbridge.
This quest can be completed in twelve easy steps. They are as follows:
1. Talk to the cook on the first floor of the Lumbridge castle. He says that he was going to bake a cake for the king, but has forgotten to get some of the ingredients. When you offer to help, he tells you that he needs you to get a bucket of milk, a pot of flour, and an egg.
2. While in the kitchen, pick up a pot from the table.
3. Go below the kitchen through the trapdoor in the floor to the cellar. Pick up a bucket.
4. Exit the castle and cross the bridge over the river to the other side. Walk along the path until you reach the pen of cows.
5. Fill the bucket with milk from the dairy cows, which have bells around their neck.
6. Leave the cow pen and keep walking along the path until you reach a chicken coop. Pass through the coop and go inside the building. There should be an egg respawn. Pick up an egg.
7. Leave the farm and walk back south along the path until you reach a bridge. Cross the bridge and follow the path north and, later, west, until you reach a field of wheat.
8. Pick a piece of wheat from the field and exit the field. Walk up the side path to the mill, which has a yellow windmill symbol.
9. Climb the ladder to the top of the mill and place the wheat in the mill’s hopper. Operate the nearby controls, and then go back down the ladder to the first level.
10. Click on the flour bin. This should fill your pot with the flour that you milled.
11. Leave the mill and go back down the path until you reach Lumbridge castle. Go inside and return to the kitchen.
12. Talk to the cook, and give him the ingredients that you have gathered. This is the end of the quest.
Congratulations! With only minimal effort, the quest is complete. As a reward, you get one quest point and 300 cooking experience points. You are also now allowed to use the Lumbridge castle stove, which lessens the likelihood of burning food.