Summer calls for cool and quick snacks and much much better if they are healthy…
So why not try the following?
- In large individual bowls, mix together crushed ice (or ice cubes will also do if it’s not available, creamstyle corn, and pour condensed milk and evaporated milk to taste…yum!
- Fruitshakes could be a snap if you have a blender, just cut up you choice of fruits (mangoes, melon, strawberry, etc) and throw these in the blender with some sugar and ice & voila! A yummy fruitshake! Or why not turn it into a smoothie and make it healthier by adding in yoghurt? Mmm-mmm, good!
- Quick spreads are very easy to make, just open a can of tuna, add in mayonnaise, and pepper and salt to taste, spread it on your favorite bread with lettuce and/or cucumbers and you’ve got yourself a nutritious snack.Or instead of tuna, why not substitute hard-boiled eggs or chicken breast fillets?
- Green salad are also a snap to prepare, just toss good lettuce, cucumbers, carrots and tomatoes. Then for your dressing, why not make thousand island dressing by adding ketchup, mustard and pickle relish? Or maybe a vinaigrette of balsamic vinegar, olive oil and pepper.Salads truly can be a cinch!
- Fruit salad-just toss in your favorite fruits like apples, oranges, pineapple, melon, honeydew, grapes, strawberries and add cream and sugar then chill. Or if you want to cut on fat, omit the cream and make a fruit medley instead and add honey as sweetener.
- Veggie sticks-one the the easiest snacks to make, just cut up some vegetables, like carrots, turnips, celery-slice into strips and dip in mayo if your prefer and you have healthy munchies…
- Or you can also make easy to do cheese sandwiches-just insert easy melt cheese slices (or pre-sliced ones)in between bread slices and pop in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes…and you’ve got yourself a filling snack.
These are just a few ideas for quick healthy treats. Anyway, just have fun making these snacks & you’d be amazed how time really flies & just make sure that it’s not too stressful that you’ll be sweating your pants off preparing snacks-leave it to the sun & hot weather to make you sweat! =)