We hear almost everywhere we go these days about the benefits of the human breast milk over the cow’s milk for a human infant. It can really not be overemphasized that no matter how advanced technology moves, nature will always be a step ahead .An example of this step are these great benefits of the human breast milk over the formula. Below are the composition and medical qualities of the human breast milk.
1. Breast milk is a great healing agent for Cuts and scratches, rashes of all sorts (including diaper rashes), insect bites, bee stings and more have been known to heal faster and more effectively when dabbed or painted with breast milk.
2. Breast milk can also be helpful in assisting healing for conjunctivitis, ear infections, throat infections or sinus infections, contact dermatitis, and infected wounds, burns, and abrasions. It is also often recommended to help heal, or at least control, a blocked tear duct in a newborn/infant, and to give them clear bright eyes
Composition of human breast milk
total (g/100 ml)
fatty acids – length 8C (% )
polyunsaturated fatty acids (%)
Protein (g/100 ml)
Carbohydrate (g/100 ml)
Minerals (g/100 ml)
3. Breast milk also provides vitamins, minerals, digestive enzymes and hormones – all of the things that a growing infant will require, In addition to the appropriate amounts of carbohydrate, protein and fat that it contains.
4. Breast milk contains antibodies and lymphocytes from the mother that helps the baby resist infections
5. Breast milk contains strong antibodies and antitoxins that promote healing and better overall health.
6. Breast milk also contains antibodies and lymphocytes from the mother that help the baby resist infections.
7. Breast milk has supplies 2-Arachidonoyl glycerol a type of endocannabinoid
The human breast milk is not a cure –all ,but it has proved very useful and as Oliver Wendell Holmes senior said well over a century ago ‘’A pair of substantial mammary glands, has the advantage over the two hemispheres of the most learned professor’s brain, in the art of compounding a nutritious food for infants.
These days pediatricians, obstetrician, nurses, midwifes and even companies that manufacture baby formulas concur: under most circumstances, breast milk is the best.