To make the luxurous cushions, follow the instruction below:
What you need:
- selection of mother-of-pearl buttons in different sizes for pink cushion
- Selection of mirrored buttons for yellow cushion.
- 90 X 25 cm pink raw silk fabric
- 90 X 25 cm yellow and turquoise shot silk fabric
- Matching sewing thread for each cushion
- 2 cushion pad
To make pink cushion:
- Cut two pieces of pink raw silk, each 25 x 40 cm. On one piece, arrange the mother-of-pearl buttons in the centre so they form a rectangle. Stitch a large button for each corner and fill the area with smaller buttons.
- Place the two pieces of fabric together with right sides facing each other. Sew around the outer edges, leaving an opening to insert the cushion pad.
- Turn over to the right side. Insert cushion pad into cover and close the opening with a few neat hand stitches.
To make yellow cushion:
- Cut two pieces of silk, each 25 X 30 cm. Fray the longer sides of each piece, for about 12 mm, using a pin to pull out one strand at a time. Pin the two pieces of fabric together with right sides facing each other. Stitch the shorter sides together and turn over to the right side.
- Sew the mirrored buttons at random on the front of the cover. Stitch running stitches around each button in turquoise thread and work alternate long and short stitches to complete a sunray effect. Slip over cushion pad.
Here’re how you make jewelled curtain:
What you need:
- Empty colorful plastic bottles (use 90 X 500 ml soft drink bottles in different colors)
- Hammer and nail
- Permanent marker
- Thin nylon thread
- Wooden dowel (or rod)
- Acrylic paint
- Cut off the bottom of the bottles along the same line, just above the bottom.
- Cut “V” shapes out of the base. Start from the point of the indents up to the middle of the raised sections. Repeat all round the base to form a flower.
- Use a permanent marker to mark two points on the flower: the first about 1 cm from the centre of one of the petals and the second on the petal opposite the first one.
- Punch holes through the marked points with a hammer and nail.
- Cut a dowel to the desired length and paint it.
- Cut 2 m lengths of nylon thread. Tie a knot 10 cm from one end. Thread the other end through the holes in one of the flowers, and tie a knot to secure it. Tie the next knot 7 cm further along the nylon and thread on the next flower. Repeat all along the length of nylon. Knot the end to the dowel.
You’re done! Congratulation!