With the rising cost of home energy, many of us are trying to find out how to lower electric bills. There are many ways, some easier than others as long as we remember to follow through and yes we can lower electric bills.
1. Turn off the lights you are not using. Probably the easiest of all and keeps you in the mindset of conserving energy. It’s a flip of a switch and it’s all in the wrist!
2. Use decreased wattage of bulbs and decrease the lights you use inside and outside your home. Use dimmers, if possible inside and motion sensors outside. Use compact fluorescent bulbs as well to lower wattage.
3. Unplug appliances, lights and any electrical item you don’t use consistently. All those pretty blue and red lights use electricity. Phone chargers that are plugged in and are not in use STILL use electricity. You can use a power strip and unplug the power strip at night. Unplug that coffee machine after morning coffee! These are big hows in lowering electric bills.
4. When using your dishwasher, make sure you fill the dishwasher before running. Use the energy saving or short cycle. If you only have a few dishes wash and let those babies air dry.
5. The same goes for your washer and dryer, make sure you are washing and drying a full load. You can even opt to line dry your clothes instead of using the dryer.
6. Use an electric thermostat and set it for evenings and days and adjust according to the season.
7. For those of you who are looking to really lower your electric bills, you can construct a do it yourself solar energy panel to power your applicances. This can be easily and inexpensively done for under $200 and will drastically lower electric bills.
These are just a few of the many ways you can learn how to lower electric bills. Once you get yourself in the habit of looking for ways to conserve energy, you will find that it is easy and rewarding, especially when you open your next electric bill.
Do you want to learn how to lower electric bills and recieve more energy savings tips? Wouldn’t you like to lower your electric bill by half? Receive more tips and techniques at How To Lower Electric Bills