Makes 10 to 12 slices of Blueberry Almond Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 (14-ounce) can almond filling
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cake Batter:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- To make the filling, in a medium bowl, combine the almond filling, blueberries and flour, mixing well. Set aside.
- To make the cake batter, in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until fluffy. Add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, and thoroughly combine.
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the prpeared pan and top with half of the blueberry mixture. Repeat with another 1/3 of batter, remaining blueberries and rest of batter.
- Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before unmolding. Dust cooled cake with confectioners’ sugar. Serve with blueberry sauce and sweetened whipped cream, if desired.