Man Dies After the NHS Fails to Diagnose a Stroke Three Times

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Related Site:

Despite the recent television ads to raise awareness of strokes of viewers across the UK, the NHS has failed to recognize the state itself.
A widow was compensated after her husband was dead when the paramedics and doctors failed to diagnose his stroke three times, it was revealed.
Jeffery Wingrove, 48 had died less than 48 hours after illness when doctors wrongly his stroke on Saturday 9 December 2006.
GP practitioners had twice refused to make a home visit when the woman Isabelle Wingrove, 52 had phoned a physician after hours service, when Mr. Wingrove had collapsed after suffering from headaches, vomiting serious and disabling.
Mr. Wingrove, a former marathon runner, fell ill at around 10 hours when he had difficulty in moving his right side and suffered severe vomiting.
His wife then called off duty to perform Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust, where she was recalled to approximately 11:30 hours, where he was told to take her husband to the hospital.
However, she refused a home visit, even after she had told them that Mr. Wingrove was unable to lift her head and she was unable to lift him.
However, doctors suggested he take painkillers and offered to write him a prescription and fax to the pharmacist.
Ms. Wingrove then made a second call, but the helpline NHS Direct at 12.20 called for a home visit, but was again refused.
About eight hours after being refused a home visit for the second time, she decided to call the paramedics.
But when they arrived, Mr. Wingrove was given paracetamol when paramedics said he had vertigo.
At 2.30pm the next day, Mr. Wingrove has collapsed and was taken to hospital where he was transferred to an area of neurosurgery.
Yet, despite the subject of an emergency surgery at the hospital, Mr. Wingrove became weaker and died the next day, slightly less than 48 hours of getting sick.
According to Ms. Wingrove, Mr. Wingrove never had a chance of survival. ”
She said: “All they had to do was come see my usual GP would have to drop of a hat. But it has too many problems for them.
They held a gun to his head and they pulled the trigger. He never had a chance of survival. ”
She said, “if he had been sick on a weekday, it would still be alive today.”
The family of Mr. Wingrove has filed a complaint against the medical negligence of the East of England, ambulance services and non-BP.
Lawyer, David Kerry, said: “Mr Wingrove was showing all the symptoms of a stroke, while the current TV advertising campaign to alert the public insists that the doctor should be called if the patient has only one. ”
He added that “the NHS itself did not recognize any of them, and three times.”
Related Site:


About Author

Leave A Reply