List building can take a lot of time simply because many strategies do not work right away. A perfect example of this is article submissions. You can wait weeks or months for your articles to make their way onto other people’s sites. There are much better methods available to you.
Here are five free strategies that will enable you to build your list much more quickly.
1. Ad swaps involve finding other marketers in your niche, or a complementary niche, who have an equally sizeable list. You provide each other with ads to promote to your lists for mutual benefit. In essence, this doubles the number of your potential buyers and multiplies your chances of enticing people onto your own list.
2. Giveaways enable you to distribute viral materials that contain links to your opt-in form. By encouraging people to pass your giveaway around, you can quickly reach a significant number of prospects. With giveaway events, you can leverage the marketing efforts of the participating marketers.
3. Press releases can work faster than article marketing, although both are excellent ways to build your list. With press releases, web site owners and online magazine editors are looking for news. By making your opt-in offer newsworthy, you can create a press release that gets posted immediately onto those sites and through email newsletters.
4. Forum participation is an excellent way to reach out to people who are in your niche. Find niche-related forums, respond to people’s questions with valuable advice, and plug your squeeze page giveaway in your signature file.
5. Social marketing puts you right in front of the people who are most likely to want what you are offering. Visit relevant blogs and add snippets of helpful information in response to posts that refer to the topic of your giveaway. This is key. You want your plug to naturally flow with the topic of the post so that people will be anxious to find out how your product can help them.
When choosing social media sites and forums, make sure they allow do-follow links and that you can add live links in your signature file, as this is the whole purpose of this form of marketing. Not all blogs and forums allow active links.
All of these methods work. It’s a matter of finding the ones best suited to your offer. Forums and social media work best if they have a significant number of visitors or members. If the numbers are small, it will be tougher to get the traffic that you need to build your list quickly.
By utilizing all five methods, you can reach more of the right people faster. Meet their expectations, and you will grow your list.
List building is one activity that you can share with other marketers for your mutual benefit. Not only will you be able to grow your list in record time, but when done correctly, you can see the results of your efforts years down the road.