Most of us do not have the luxury of going to the gym but quite eager to work out to build and tone muscles. A great pair of running shoes is all you need for a cardiovascular exercise like running or jogging. But is it possible to build and tone muscles without gym equipments and weights? Yes we can. Here are steps on how to work out weight-free, it’s just a matter of using our very own body weight and the force of gravity to our advantage.
- Inverted Push-Ups for the shoulders. Lower your body into a push-up position with fingers facing each other and upper arms out to sides. Proceed to push up to arms’ length. Pause, then lower to starting position.
- Hyperextensions for the back. Lie face down with hands behind the head and elbows out. Proceed to raise the upper body several inches from the floor. Pause, then lower to starting position.
- Reverse Push-Ups for the arms (triceps). Place hands on a waist high object like a bench behind you, leaning and with heels on the ground for support. Start to lower your body until your upper arms is parallel to the ground. Pause, then push up to starting position.
- Push-Ups for the chest. Lower into push up position, with palms facing forward by the shoulders. Proceed to push up to arms’ length. Pause, then lower to starting position.
- Squats for thighs and legs. Stand with arms crossed over chest and feet shoulder-width apart. Keeping the back straight and head up, proceed to squat until thighs are parallel to the ground. Pause, then rise to starting position.