Poison Ivy and What You Need to Know when Affected by It

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Related Site: http://pie-ing.blogspot.com/

Poison Ivy is a plant that must be seen throughout North America and is present in two main varieties – West, the Pacific and Atlantic. The concern for Poison Ivy, which grows as the coverage of soil and can grow into large bushes, is that it contains an oil – urushiol – that when it comes into contact with the skin, causing blisters and very unpleasant irritation.
It is important to understand that the oil not only occur in the leaves, but in the whole plant including the root and stem, and it is the immune system against the poison, as it ‘infiltrates in the skin, which is the instigator of the pain we experience.
Why is poisonous Poison Ivy
It seems strange to us in May that the factory should be toxic, but like most living things Poison Ivy is domiciled in the ecosystem. How it grows is an index because it provides a shelter for plants growing weaker and animals living on the ground, and the majority of them are, unlike humans, not affected by oil .
In addition, Poison Ivy wears berries are an important food for many species of birds.
How to know the symptoms and more on urushiol oil.
The patient will soon be irritation of the skin, accompanied by itching and inflammation in the infected area. The skin becomes a different color and a feeling of burning occurs, and in a short period blisters are formed at the same time as the rash.
The pain may last several weeks or May to do in the days, and one case is different. It is suggested that cooling the skin is a good antidote and prevents further infection.
There are several important factors that need to understand the urushiol oil, and the first is that it is very powerful indeed. Research has shown that the amount of oil the size of a pinhead can infect 500 people, and that this substance is not a water-based, it will not evaporate.
The latter refers to a major problem because it means the oil can remain in the points he had been in contact with the longer, and perhaps more than one year. This opens the possibility of re-infection, or any person who has not been in contact with the plant to be contaminated. Clothing, shoes, tools and pets can be a party to the oil and small amounts needed to cause suffering to give him more power.
Gloves and coats, with boots, are among the most obvious causes of infection and Poison Ivy should be thoroughly washed if contamination is suspected.
How anyone can be infected
There are a variety of ways that the individual may come into contact with the oil of poison ivy, and transfer of valuable clothes and other objects is a method that we have already noted.
Why suffer when we come into contact with oil because of the natural reaction, it helps, and it should be noted that direct contact with the plant is not necessary to induce a reaction.
If Poison Ivy is burned the smoke is full of oil vapor, and even come into contact with that smog can cause an attack. It was said that 100 years, the point reached after a man, an indication of how the plant can be problematic.
Whatever the characteristics of the sap of the plant should be avoided, therefore, kept away from cats and Poison Ivy bushes.
How to help a person with a reaction of Poison Ivy
It is essential that treatment is begun immediately, and the best method is to wash the affected area with lukewarm water. A popular recommendation is to use a tried antimicrobial soap and do everything possible to prevent the patient from scratching, as it spreads over the problem.
It is essential to open the blisters as well, and to bring the area of exposure to infection through the air. Keep bulbs bandage is necessary in order not to invite the infection.
Remember that it is just the oil that will encourage the spread of infection, then contact should be treated with caution.
The state will eventually clear itself, but there are treatments available for irritation and extreme reactions. It is the decision of whether the person to suffer in silence or to request more help. Some people are fortunate in that they have no sensitivity to poison ivy, but they are rare and most of us are infected by coming into contact with the ivy.
If we find Poison Ivy the best advice we can give is the most obvious – to avoid more attention and do not let your pet near.

Recommended Site: http://pie-ing.blogspot.com/

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply