Before you start making your cake, be sure to place all of your ingredients where you can easily reach them. Be sure to use your measuring cups, to get the best results. Well, it is time to get down to business. I’ll leave this in your hands. Have fun!
Here are the things that you will need to make this cake:
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar (1 lb.)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
(2) In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
(3) Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans and semi-sweet chocolate. Pour into prepared pan.
(4) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool in 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
(5) Directions for the Frosting:
In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost the cooled cake by spreading frosting on cake.
TIPS FOR FROSTING THE CAKE
Trim the tops of cakes to create an even surface, before frosting it.
Chill cake for about 30 minutes before applying the final coat of frosting. This will help keep crumbs from working their way into the layer of frosting. A spatula works best when frosting a cake.