Cinnamon is just not a spice that is used to flavor our foods, it has health benefits as well, which makes cinnamon all the better.
- As a result of studies it has been shown that cinnamon has antifungal, antibactieral and antiparasitic properties. These properties, help in fighting agaisnt vaginal yeast infections, oral yeast infections, stomach ulcers and head lice.
- Many people today, suffer from heart diease. All of us, love to indulge in eating fried, fattty and processed foods, but these foods can be harmful, as we already know, and cause the inflammation of our tissues and organs, which causes heart diease in the first place. Well, cinnamon has anti-inflammatory proprities that will protect your organs and tissues from inflamming.
- There are also many cases of Type 2 Diabetes, cinnamon, may be able to control blood sugar levels, and may significantly lower “bad” cholesterol (LDL), total cholesterol and triglyeredes (fatty acids in the blood).
- People who are aware of the daily servings from each of the major food groups know that it is important to try to get the allowance that is suggested. Cinnamon, will be a big help in this because it is a good source of manganise, fiber, iron and calcium.
- When calcium is combined with fiber, it can aid in removing bile, which prevents damage to the colon, which in turns helps prevent colon cancer. Fiber found in cinnamon can also help relive constipation and and irritable bowel syndrome.
Although, cinnimon has some very good benefits, do not replace your medication with the spice and do not start eating cinnamon in large amounts because it is toxic.
Enjoy, cinnaimon, but don’t over do it.