Saying thank you to someone to show your gratitude for something they have done for you, or for being there when you needed them, may be a small thing but it can mean a lot to the person.
Thank You Poems and Quotations
Verses to show your appreciation and gratitude:
- “I’d like to say thank you, For your helpful giving ways, For your generous heart and unselfish displays. I won’t forget your kindness or what it means to me.” – Author Unknown
- “In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “Thank you so much for all you do; You’re truly a delight; When my life overwhelms and does me in, You make everything all right.” – Karl and Joanna Fuchs
- ” Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
Inspirational Thank You Quotes
Inspirational Quotes about gratitude:
- “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” – Epictetus
- ” Gratitude is the heart’s memory.” – French Proverb
- “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Gratitude is heaven itself.” – William Blake
- ” Every time we remember to say “thank you”, we experience nothing less than heaven on earth.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Thank You Quotes in a Thank You Note
A little note to express gratitude can be just as effective than a formal thank you card. Here are examples of words that might convey your gratitude:
- ”Thanks for everything you’ve done for me.”
”I don’t have words to say. I am speechless. Thank you.”
“I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom.” – Anonymous
- ”Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim.” – William Feather
”Thank you for the good times, The days you filled with pleasure. Thank you for fond memories, And for feelings I’ll always treasure.” – Karl Fuchs
Showing appreciation and saying “thank you” in a card or note doesn’t take a lot of time but can mean a great deal to recipient.
Frank, L.R. Inspiring Quotes. New York: Gramercy Books. 2005
Knowles, E. Oxford Dictionary of Modern Quotations. OUP Oxford. 2008.
McLellan, V. Wise Words and Quotes. Cambridge: Tynedale House Publishers. 2000.