Teenage Obesity? No Problem
The teacher has teased him as he has gathered extra fat just in standard seven. He is only thirteen. He is sociable and loving and has already secured prominence as some girls of his class have expressed interest in him. The teacher has asked him if he is aware of the fact that ‘fat’ and ‘fate’ and ‘fatal’ are very close words.
Your son has just returned from the school with a depressed face. He has been teased by none other than his geography teacher. The teacher has teased him as he has gathered extra fat just in standard seven. He is only thirteen. He is sociable and loving and some girls of his class have already expressed interest in him. The teacher has asked him if he is aware of the fact that ‘fat’ and ‘fate’ and ‘fatal’ are very close words. His classmates have appreciated the words of the teacher by thumping the desks jointly. Your son is so simple that he has communicated everything to you. It is now your turn to look into the matter.
- A good health is a treasure, but it is not at all expected that a boy of thirteen will have teenage obesity. He will turn himself into a piece of fun to his classmates within a short time and such a state of affair will act against the natural development of his personality. He will definitely invite other ailments if he allows having the extra fat in his physique.
- Your son is a teen and he may be persuaded to follow you. You must take steps so that consciousness about health care may be a part of his disposition. You may not achieve this easily and it may demand your patience and time. You will have to convince him and also listen to him, regularly, or at an interval. You will have to study him and you must note if he is not changing himself according to the necessity.
- A little change in your program is a must now. This refers to your week-end programs. If you decide to take your son for a trekking or at least to a small hill for climbing at the end of each week, he will surely be interested and this will help him burn his extra calories. Give him a cycle and half of an hour cycling a day will also add to his benefit. On his immediate next birthday present him a costly swimming costume and surprise him. Swimming has a role in burning the extra fat. He may not find interest in everything. But options must be placed before him and he should be drawn to an open discussion.
- He must take part in outdoor games. You will have to observe if he finds pleasure in soccer or in basketball or in tennis or in any game where physical movement is a must. He should be encouraged to play. You can take him to a coach. Yes, there only he will be forced to take some regular training. Training under a coach means physical labor and subsequent loss of fat.
- He must not be deprived of tasty food. He should be taken to a responsible physician. Physicians now-a-days prescribe good food as diet. He will prescribe a diet-chart which will not include cucumbers only. Your teen may even get a chocolate candy in it. Fruits will be there along with vegetables. You must not forget that this is time for his growth. It is your task to convince him so that he does not take the road-side fast food. It is better to give him some home-made and delicious food for his school. You must keep in mind that energy-level of your son is not lowered.
- Finally you must maintain a fortnightly chart on his activities, food items, height and body-weight. You should study and verify the effect after every three months. You should rearrange his activities and his food if it is needed then. You must take him to the physician at an interval of six months for a routine check-up.