The secret to making it firm or hard is to refrigerate the molded pieces for about 20 minutes before wrapping them.
Polvoron is very easy to make, and this is also a wonderful gift idea.
I wrap them in colorful Japanese papers (or the tissue papers used to wrap gifts with).
I have made this many times for friends and coworkers and they said it looks professionally made and tastes so good, it’s hard to believe it’s homemade!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup melted butter
- On a non-stick pan, toast the flour over medium heat until light brown. Stir constantly. Be careful not to burn or it will taste bitter.
- Remove from the pan and transfer to a bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
- Shape them using a polvoron mold. Make sure to press well so the polvoron will not become crumbly.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes
- Wrap them with colorful Japanese paper or tissue paper
Would you like to write for Bukisa and start earning extra money too? IT’s easy and fun!
Please click here to join.