- Watch a funny movie. Laughter can relieve your stress and tension. Laugh out loud.
- Give hugs. Hug your spouse. Hug your children. Tell them you love them.
- Listen to your favorite music. Sit back and enjoy the music. Close your eyes and picture beautiful things in your mind.
- Take a deep breathe. Pause for a moment and take conscious breaths. Fill your being with peaceful thoughts.
- Think positive. Appreciate all the good things that have happened. Whenever you start to think of something negative, quickly over-ride this with a positive thought. Focus on what you have accomplished.
- Watch the scenery. Look at the beautiful things around you.
- Read a nice book. Curl up in a comfy place,away from all the noise and enjoy your favorite book.
- Do some light exercises, like stretching or low-impact aerobics.
- Clear yourself of clutter. Then you’ll be able to clear your mind.
- Take a nice warm bath. Use a relaxing fragranced body wash like lavender.
- Take a long, nice walk. Invite your spouse or loved one and enjoy the walk together.
- Take a power nap.
- Talk to a friend.
- Ride your bike.
- Enjoy a bowl of fruits.
- Do your favorite sport, like swimming or badminton.
- Ask your spouse or children to give you a massage. This is very relaxing!
- Say a prayer. For me this is the best way to relax. With prayer I can find inner peace and contentment. You can do this wherever you are: at home, at work, in school, on the road, or anywhere. Say a prayer and you will be at peace.
Would you like to write for Bukisa and start earning extra money too? IT’s easy and fun!
Please click here to join.