Going green nowadays doesn’t require a gigantic effort on our part. There are countless ways we can conserve energy and go green in our daily lives.
Here are some green computer tips you can implement from today to make your surfing and computer usage more Eco Friendly and energy saving which will benefit both your pocket and the Environment at large.
1. When purchasing a computer or any parts, recycle all the packaging so that that can be recycled to produce other goods.
2. Try purchasing a laptop rather than a desk top as this may use less energy, but check brands first. Also check quality and see if you can go for a longer lasting computer.
3. When using your computer during the day, try to place your computer either in hibernation mode if you are gone for a few minutes or shut it down. Don’t have it running 24 hours as this uses too much energy.
4. At night or if out for long hours switch off all appliances from the mains as the Peripherals are like vampires and suck energy out and you have to pay more! Peripheral shut down/ switch off is VERY IMPORTANT in energy conservation at home or in the Office.
5. Don’t print anything off unless you really have to. Use files and forward through attachments if need be. This saves boat loads of paper and you are saving trees too!
6. Recycle any old parts of your computer that you don’t need, including your old computer! Don’t just chuck in the dust bin. These parts can be re used and recycled.
7. Don’t go mad buying parts and computer gear that you don’t need. Forget the ’status symbol’ fad, just go for what is absolutely necessary.
8. Don’t waste time surfing the Internet for total rubbish. Use your time wisely and make your life greener by making YOUR LIFE more worth while.
Vist my Bukisa blog for more articles.