We spent the greater part of our time at work than we do at our homes during the course of the day. During this time much of our interaction is with our co-workers. In our places of work we should learn to relate well with our colleagues for this ensures a smooth productive day in which we feel the worth of what brings us to work, and what we achieve on a particular day. How to relate with others all begins in your mind, your attitude and your personality. In order to relate well with others;
- Learn to see the another person naturally
- Learn to grasp good communication skills, be they verbal or non-verbal
- Respect all the rules of etiquette
- Be cooperative, and able to adjust to any given tasks
- Cultivate good public relations, in manner and deed
- Be compassionate and kind, and a good listener
Good work relationships are what make our day. True, we encounter politics at work, disagreements, work overload, stress and conflicts. But it is the in-built perception in you of others that is important and your ability to fight any negative forces out to distract you from relating well with co-workers. So to relate well with workers let us avoid rumour mongering, the back bit, the ill feelings, for none of us stands to benefit from it. Harmony, love and joy at work makes all of us productive able to measure and evaluate our contribution to our organization. At the end of the day, we can look back and see that it has been a day worth to appreciate, in which we had been at peace with ourselves and our co-workers.