It’s hard being a diabetic. You always have to be responsible in choosing what to eat. Eating carelessly can result in unwanted outcome, such as worsening your condition or increasing your chances of having other diseases. In choosing to eat healthy food, a diabetic doesn’t always have to compromise the delicious taste of a hearty meal. Here is a simple recipe that is not only healthy, but also delicious!
Baked Fish with Vegetables
1 lb. of your choice of fish, filleted (salmon, cream dory or snapper)
1 cup of button mushrooms, sliced thinly
2 cups of fresh spinach or basil
¼ cup sundried tomatoes, sliced thinly
¼ cup olive oil
a dash of pepper
a dash of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Season the fish with a bit of salt and pepper on either side.
- Place the fish on a baking dish. Make sure to spread a bit of olive oil on the surface of the baking dish to prevent the fish from sticking to the baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mushrooms, spinach or basil, sundried tomatoes and olive oil.
- Mix the ingredients together. Place the mixture on top of the fish and on the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake the fish for 15 to 20 minutes or until the insides of the fish is already cooked. You can check this by trying to cut the fish with a fork. You will notice that the fish will easily break into flakes when it is already cooked.
This meal can be eaten as is. It can also be eaten together with rice or bread. The vegetables in this dish are a great source of vitamins. This meal can be prepared in less than an hour but it takes lesser time to eat it!