There are many times when people find it difficult to communicate properly when just a few well-chosen words might ease the tension. Partings and letting go of someone are such occasions as expressed in the following quotations:
How Letting Go can be an Expression of Love
- “True love doesn’t have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you.” – Anonymous
- “In the end these things matter most: How well did you love? How fully did you love?
How deeply did you learn to let go?” – The Buddha
- “We need in love to practice only this: letting each other go. For holding on comes easily–we do not need to learn it.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
- “Because of your love I have broken with my past.” – Mevlana Rumi
- “Every breath is an opportunity to receive and let go. I receive love and I let go of pain.” – Brenda MacIntyre
Letting Go and the Consequences in Quotations
Letting go sometimes offers the freedom of breaking loose and valuing yourself as in the following quotes:
- “The key to change … is to let go of fear.” – Rosanne Cash
- “There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.” – Jessica Hatchigan
- “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Knowledge is learning something every day. Wisdom is letting go of something every day.” – Zen Proverb
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
Letting Go as a Personal Challenge in Quotations
Letting go can take courage and a lot of nerve as is expressed in the following quotes:
- “Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to.” – Anonymous
- “The Tao Te Ching says, When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need. Have you ever struggled to find work or love, only to find them after you have given up? This is the paradox of letting go. Let go, in order to achieve. Letting go is God’s law.” – Mary Manin Morrissey
- “Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?” – Mary Mannin Morrissey
- “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” – Leo Buscaglia
- “Being strong sometimes means being able to let go.” – Anonymous
- Let Go and Let a New Future Begin in Quotations
- When the time comes to let go, some people sense and accept it; others find it more traumatic. Letting go can turn the time ahead into a new opportunity.
- “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
- “There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world; it’s the beginning of a new life.” – Anonymous
The Art of Letting Go in Quotations
Letting go can be a hugely emotional time; reflecting on famed quotations can help people relate to and understand what they are going through.
- Frank, L.R. Inspiring Quotes. New York: Gramercy Books. 2005
- Knowles, E. Oxford Dictionary of Modern Quotations. OUP Oxford. 2008.
- McLellan, V. Wise Words and Quotes. Cambridge: Tynedale House Publishers. 2000.