Image via Wikipedia
- 1 kg fresh green walnuts from the tree before their shell become hard
- 1200 grams of sugar
- 1 litre of water
- 2 spoonfuls of honey
- 5-7 clove nails
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Wash the fresh walnuts and drill them with a thick nail.
- Boil until walnuts become soft.
- Cover with fresh cold water, and change the water three times per day for three days.
- Boil the sugar with 1 litre of water for 5 minutes.
- Add in syrup the walnuts, the clove nails and the cinnamon stick and boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Re-boil next day (walnuts and other thick fruits keep water in their flesh so we must wait one day to drain) until the correct density adding and the lemon juice.