- If you have a Kitchen Aid Mixer (or similar mixer) you will need the dough hook. In bowl add the following:
4 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp olive oil
Turn mixer to #2 setting (for Kitchen Aid) or med setting for others. Let the mixer knead the dough for about 3-4 minutes after dough starts pulling away from bowl.
If you do not have a mixer, simply combine the flour and salt, then make a well in the middle of flour and add the beaten eggs and water. Mix with hands until dough is formed and pulling away from sides of bowl. Once dough is formed, turn out onto a floured surface and knead for about 4 minutes. (Dough will feel like playdoh)
- Put dough in fridge for about 3 minutes. This makes it easier to work with the dough in the machine.
- Take out of fridge and cut into small even sizes (I make mine into small balls and flatten to keep the rolled out shaped even. This way my pasta sizes are similar)
- Roll dough in flour and run through pasta machine on the widest setting. It’s best to keep the dough floured to run smoothly through the machine.
- Run again on the next setting. You will go from widest to smallest settings. Run through once on each setting until you get the desired thickness of dough. Place on a floured sheet pan, board or similar. Sprinkle generously with more flour and let sit.
- Repeat with remaining dough until finished
- Next take your flat rolled out dough and run through desired pasta shape setting. Make sure to hold pasta gently so it doesn’t stick together. Place on another floured surface (plate, cutting board, sheet pan) Sprinkle generously with more flour and try to separate pasta. Don’t layer on top of each other…this will make the pasta stick together.
Place in fridge overnight or cook right away. If cooking, make sure to use oil in the pot of water to prevent pasta from sticking together! Add salt if desired to water and cook in boiling water for about 3 minutes. This pasta cooks quicker than store bought pasta!
If storing, take out of fridge in 12-24 hours and place in freezer bag with flour. Place in freezer until ready to cook. Once you are ready to cook it, take right out of freezer and cook the same as above.