1) Know yourself. For some people this is the hardest thing to do. Do you know what makes you happy, sad,? Has it been awhile since you spent some time with just you and what you like to do? Are you setting realistic boundaries for yourself? Are all your relationships healthy? Answering no to any of these questions means you need to do some soul searching.
2) Know what makes you happy. Is your relationship with family, friends and significant other all that you want it to be? Spend some time with yourself. What things really ring true to you? What are your favorite past times? Have you done any of them recently? Invest some time with you. Give yourself at least a day a week that you do something for YOU. If you feel good your life will reflect that.
3) Health and attitude. Is your health as good as it could be? Are there any genetic problems that need to be addressed? Sleep, good food, exercise and laughter. If you don’t have even one of these step back and figure out why. Everything in moderation is a good rule for everyone. If you feel good your life will reflect it. The more natural food and less processed the better. Keeping the sludge and toxins out of your body will energize your life. Take the quiz at: www.realage.com .
4) Family. Are you square with your family? Do you still have your parents looking over your shoulder at every turn? You need to find yourself and find a happy place with your family. Honesty and respect here. A happy family relationship makes your life sparkle.
5) Work. Is your work something you enjoy doing? Are you happy to get up and go to work? Is it something that inspires you to excel? If not, you need to rethink it. Is there something you have always wanted to do but are stuck in another for whatever reason? Life is too short to let yourself stagnate in a job that doesn’t inspire you.
6) Goals. Have you set some unattainable goals for yourself? Has stress taken over your life. Come down to Earth, smell the coffee, and, get with the real world. Start out with the small stuff and work your way up. Make 1 year, 5 year and 10 year goals for yourself. Reach those, then start over. Materialist items in moderation will keep your pocketbook in better shape and keep you happier in the long run.