Penang: The Pearl of Orient
Penang is a famous tourist attraction in Malaysia. This island had also been listed as UNESCO World Heritage site and you should not miss the chance to come here.
In Penang, the journey never ends and the excitement never stops. There is so much to do here, I recommend at least a two-week stay to really experience the culture and all that this beautiful paradise has to offer.
Even though you are a tourist, you can still live like a local and see what laid back Penangites love to indulge in such as travelling in trishaws and shop at the many quaint night markets. Be adventurous and explore!
Though there are definitely more than 10 interesting things to do in Penang, here’s our Top 10 activities must be experienced by tourist.
- Relax and unwind at the many spas or go for a traditional massage!
- Join a homestay prgramme at the idyllic fishing villages
- Check out the nightlife i.e., Party!
- Buy famous local products
- Visit the many different places of worship
- Shop at the many flea markets, pasar malam and modern shopping malls
- Take a cable car ride up Penang Hill
- Laze by the scenic Batu Ferringhi beach or take a leisurely stroll along Gurney Drive
- Take a trishaw ride or walking tour of the George Town Unesco World Heritage Site!
- Sample the popular hawker fare
Wondering how to come here?
For your information, you can reach the island by 3 main transportation system which is road, sea or air. As the island is linked to the mainland by the Penang Bridge, you can take a car ride to begin your exciting journey in Penang. Besides that, you can also visit the island with an aeroplane or ferry as there are jetty and airport in Penang.
If you wanted to visit Malaysia, kindly click the link below for more information.
If you wanted to join bukisa so that you can comment, kindly click on the link below!