Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri) is a small creeping herb with the numerous branches. It grows to a height of 2 -3 feet and its branches are 10 -35 cm long. It has oval shaped leaves that are 1-2 cm long and 3- 8 mm broad. Brahmi is used as a mental tonic, to rejuvenate the body, as a promoter of memory and as a nerve tonic. It improves memory and helps overcome the negative effects of stress. It is also known for promoting alertness. It has also got tranquilizing properties and hence useful in imparting feeling of calmness. By stimulating neural activity, Brahmi has the amazing ability to facilitate learning, memory and concentration. Brahmi also fortifies the immune system; decrease senility and aging and strengthening the adrenals. It is also a blood cleanser, helps in variety of skin conditions and stimulates growth of hair, nail and skin.
Health Benefits of Brahmi
• It improves intelligence level and mind alertness.
• It helps in maintaining mental calmness.
• It helps in improving mental performance and increasing learning capacity.
• It is helpful in increasing mental concentration level.
• It is beneficial to patients suffering from insomnia.
• It helps in decreasing anxiety and mental fatigue and promotes freshness in your mind.
• It is also very effective in depression related problems.
• It helps in maintaining lowering blood pressure to the normal level.
• It is very useful in maintaining normal body temperature thus relieving body from hyperthermia and fevers.
• It is also very effective in treating menstrual disorders and painful menses.
• It also finds its application in cough and cold related problem.
• It works as an antioxidant and retards aging thus keep the person young and youthful.