How to stop your feet from smelling.
So many people suffer from foot odour; it is a fairly common problem amongst many people, but there are things that you can do to help stop foot odour and keep your feet smelling fresher for longer.
- Don’t wear the same shoes two days in a row, shoes take up to 48 hours to dry properly. Shoes that are wet with sweat will stink if they are continually bombarded with moisture from your feet.
- Use deodorant on your feet, it doesn’t have to be specifically designed for fee, any kind of anti perspirant will do. Did you know that there are 25,000 sweat glands on each of your feet? Armpits get sweaty and you wouldn’t skip the deodorant on those!
- Wash your feet before bed, the toxins from the body are said to be excreted through the feet during the day and they can be reabsorbed through the night.
- Shoes are quite often the culprits for smelly feet, people treat their feet but overlook their shoes. Pour a generous helping of bicarbonate of soda into your shoes before bed, leave them overnight and tip the bicarbonate of soda into the bin in the morning, the bicarb will absorb the odours and your shoes will smell fresh.
- Sweat itself doesn’t actually smell, it’s the hormones and bacteria that are excreted. Get yourself checked out by a Doctor if you think either of these are irregular.
- Use a liberal sprinkling of unscented talc to help absorb any moisture and combat odour.
- Avoid socks that are made from synthetic materials, stick with cotton it breathes so it leaves the feet cooler and fresher.