If you’re struggling with getting rid of belly fat, this article will show you what to do to get started on the road to a flat stomach. It may not be easy, but with some patience and persevearance, a flat stomach can be achieved.
- Eat a Healthy, Well-Balanced Diet: Eating healthy is important. Be sure to nourish your body every day with enough protein, whole grains, vegetables and fruit.
- Take a Multivitamin: Multivitamins are important for your overall health because they are full of the vitamins and minerals that your body needs to be at its best. Vitamins help to supplement the nutrients you don’t receive from your daily food intake.
- Cut the Sugar: Sugar is bad. Some natural sugars from fruit is okay, but drinking soda and eating other sugary foods should be cut down to a bare minimum.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Drinking plenty of water helps to rid the body of toxins so it’s important to drink plenty of water each day. There are conflicting reports of exactly how much water you should drink each day, but if you sip throughout the day that should be plenty. You could also follow the 8 – 8oz glasses per day recommendation.
- Cardiovascular Exercise: In order for your body to burn more fat, you need to get it moving! Doing any cardio activity for 30 minutes 3 times a week is a great way to burn belly fat. There is no way to target belly fat, but cardio activity will help to burn fat from all over your body, including the stubborn belly fat.
- Strength Training: Strength training is a great way to burn belly fat. When you strength train, you build up your muscles which helps your body to burn even more fat all over. Don’t just concentrate on abdominal exercises. When you strength train the bigger muscle groups like your back, chest and legs you’ll help your body burn extra fat.
- Set Small Goals: Setting small goals for yourself is important. Don’t set goals about losing a specific amount of weight, or inches off your belly in a set amount of time. Start small. Make goals to workout regularly. If you don’t make goals for yourself, there’s really no way to assess the progress you’re making.
- Keep a Journal: In your journal, write down what you’re eating and also write down the cardio activity and all other physical activities that you do each day. Once you can “read” what you’re putting into your mouth each day, it may help you to make better food choices. Seeing the physical activity you’re doing can help you stay motivated.
If you follow these steps, and continue to follow them, you will start shredding the fat that covers your stomach!