There are many benefits to juicing, especially if you prepare the juices yourself:
1. If you drink the juice fresh, it’s full of live enzymes, which will help your body in many ways.
2. Fresh juice isn’t pasteurized. Pasteurization many make transportation convenient but it makes nutritionally dead foods. During pasteurization, high heat is used and this destroys the vital nutrients within the juice.
3. You consume more vegetables by drinking than by eating. You know it’s not always possible to eat as many vegetables and fruits as you would like. Drinking fresh vegetable juice helps take care of this issue.
4. You will digest and assimilate nutrients better. Your body is actually like a juicer. When you eat a celery, your body will digest the celery by extracting the juice to get the nutrition. The fiber is eliminated. If you juice, though, you’ve already extracted the juice for the body. So it’s easier to assimilate. It’s still important to eat whole vegetables and fruits because you need some fiber as well.
5. Fasting gives your digestive system a break. Since fresh fruit and vegetable juices require little digestion, and are quickly taken into your body, your digestive system can rest. The end result? You feel a sense of renewed energy after the fast.
6. A juice or detox fast helps to also eliminate toxic materials – fat, abnormal cells, etc.
7. New cell growth is stimulated during fasting and accelerated as the required proteins are re-synthesized from decomposed cells (during autolysis). Your blood-protein level, remains constant and normal during your fast, as your body very smartly uses protein and other stored nutrients where needed.
8. Juice fasting is a much gentler process of detoxification as compared to water fasting. For a juice fast, a wide variety of fruits and veggies should be used. That way the body still gets its daily calories from the easily-digested juices as compared to the more extreme water fast.