Flaxseed contains a large amount of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. It is a great supplement to add to your life. You take flaxseed, either the capsules or tablespoon of flaxseed oil. Find it at any supermarket in the vitamin section. You can use flaxseed oil with olive oil as a dressing over your salad. There is also ground flaxseed which be added to salads, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, vegetables and be used when baking muffins and in pancake batter. Ground flaxseed can be found in another section of the supermarket.
Here are some of its benefits:
1. Flaxseed gives great healthy skin and works well in to treat skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis. Because flaxseed has Omega 3, this can protect the skin against damage from the sun. You can digest flaxseed oil and in capsule form or apply it directly on the skin.
2. Flaxseed promotes the growth of healthy nails, hair, stronger teeth and bones and works very well with the joints and anyone that has arthritis.
3. Flaxseed oil can strengthen the immune system, benefit the reproductive system, improve cardiovascular system by preventing arteries from being hardened and it also maintains the nervous and circulatory systems.
4. It helps lower cholesterol, prevents clots, reduces the risk of heart disease, lowers blood pressure and protect you against any cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and prostate cancer. It also helps with any prostate problems in men.
5. It can also reduces hot flashes in women, menopausal symptoms and aids in menstrual cramps.
6. It is also good for people with diabetes, in stabilizing their blood sugar.